FAQs – LaunchPad Program
LaunchPad is for tech startups looking to learn and grow with other driven entrepreneurs in the same industry. We are primarily looking to work with companies in the following emerging areas of tech: Artificial Intelligence, VR/AR/MR, Blockchain, Financial Technology, Data Sciences, Quantum Computing, Health Technology, CyberSecurity and SaaS.
Potential members should be eager to learn from both mentors and peers, and be ready to contribute their own expertise to the community. At Launch, we live by the mantra that – “everybody has something to teach, and everybody has something to learn”. If this sounds like something you are excited about, you may be a fit for our community!
If you’re a first time founder building out their idea – first of all, congratulations on taking the leap! We have designed a startup course just for you to help you turn your ideas into reality. You can find additional information here: https://launch.launchacademy.ca/
- Make sure your landing page/website and pitch deck are spiced up. We will also accept your lean canvas in lieu of a pitch deck.
- Complete the Launchpad Application Form.
- We will contact applicable candidates for interviews prior to joining. Interviews are conducted to evaluate the fit between Launchpad and the candidate’s objectives, and their commitment to become a part of the Launch community
Applicants should expect a decision on their application within 4 weeks of applying. Although we try to get back to every applicant, due to the volume of applications, we do not specify specific reasons for rejections, and if you have not heard back from us beyond the 4-week time frame, you can consider your application refused.
- Initial screening: All interested candidates are required to fill out the initial application form. Please make sure your pitch deck or website is updated before applying.
- Detailed application: If shortlisted, you will receive an email asking to complete a detailed application form covering the candidate profile, company profile & other details.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will also be invited for a 40-minute virtual interview with our Program Manager to evaluate their commitment to becoming a part of the Launch community. During this call we would like to learn more about you, your motivation to join LaunchPad and also give you the opportunity to ask questions about Launch and our program. We will also evaluate the fit between LaunchPad and your objectives.
We accept members at the beginning of every month. However, we have limited spots available, so if the month’s allotment is already filled up, your application will be automatically pushed to the next month.
Absolutely. You are welcome to re-apply as many times as you would like. We want to make sure you have the right market fit, so if that is what you focus on, you will have a much higher chance of getting your application through.
If we do not accept your company’s application to the LaunchPad Program, we will contact you.
Due to the volume of inquiries and applications we receive for the LaunchPad Program, we will not be able to specify the exact reasons as to why your application was rejected. However, we do encourage rejected applicants to continue to work on their company or startup and apply for the LaunchPad Program again, if this is still something that you’re interested in pursuing.
We offer 2 different plans to join our LaunchPad program:
- A monthly subscription of $200 CAD (+applicable taxes)* per person, which automatically renews each month for a minimum of 6 months commitment. Program Fees are charged each month (eg. you will be charged every 2nd of the month if you signed up on the 2nd of May) and the monthly renewal subscription fees will continue to be billed to the Payment Method you provided until otherwise notified.
- A yearly subscription of $2000 CAD (+applicable taxes)* per person. (You Save 400$ by enrolling for the year) Program Fees are charged prior to the start of the program. Our “Yearly” subscription is paid for by an upfront payment with automatic annual renewals.
As Launch is a not-for-profit organization, all program proceeds will be reinvested back into building the Canadian tech and talent ecosystem.
*Program Fees and Program structure are subject to change. The Launch Team updates the Maple Program, fees, and associated resources on a regular basis in order to stay current with evolving industry standards, best practices, and timely resources.
The first payment is due prior to the start of the program. We will only be able to give you full access to our program and our community upon receiving your payment whether you choose the yearly or the monthly plan.
Yes, the cost of the LaunchPad Program is charged per person/founder.
LaunchPad is for tech startups looking to learn and grow with other driven entrepreneurs in the same industry. Every resource and program provided in Launchpad is meticulously created for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Utilizing our network of global mentors and resources, LaunchPad content will include topics such as International Scaling, Global Marketing, Hiring, Growth Hacking, and Fundraising. Our guests within our program will include business leaders, investors, mentors, government resources, and more. LaunchPad members will benefit from over $300,000 in startup Perks.
Throughout the duration of the LaunchPad program, the companies will have access to different types of content:
- Exclusive Launch Community Access
Connect with Launch’s community of over 1,000+ like-minded entrepreneurs, creators, developers, and investors. Get access to our Slack community gathering 120+ entrepreneurs currently enrolled in one of our programs.
- Launchhub access
On the LaunchHub, get access to a video collection of our previous events and to different resources including up to $400,000 of start-up perks on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and many more.
- Monthly Ask Me Anything (AMA)
AMAs are live sessions to ask questions to seasoned startup mentors.
- Monthly Webinars
Live webinars and learning sessions with mentors and partners on the different aspects of building a startup. Webinars will include topics such as Fundraising, Networking, PR and Global Marketing.
- Monthly Huddles
Group discussions to meet your fellow members and build strategic partnerships and connections.
- Monthly Pitch Sessions
Monthly sessions for members to participate in honing their sales or investor pitches and get feedback from our community.
- Traction conferences
Founded by Boast.AI & Launch Academy, Traction brings leaders from some of the fastest-growing companies like Google, Shopify, LinkedIn, Uber, Atlassian, Twilio, Dropbox, MailChimp, Github, Slack, Qualtrics, Intercom, Asana, Calendly, SurveyMonkey, Duolingo, Zapier, Kabbage, etc. alongside top tier VCs to share tactical advice on product, marketing, sales, hiring, culture, scaling, fundraising, and business growth. We host weekly webinars.
- Weekly Newsletters
Receive weekly updates on new events in the startup community and upcoming events in the LaunchPad program, exclusive discounts and the latest startup news.
Launch is Vancouver’s premier technology hub that helps entrepreneurs execute on their startups through education, mentorship, lean metrics and networking opportunities. Launch has established an environment where ideas are vetted, business models are tested and successes are celebrated. Since 2012, Launch has incubated more than 6,000 entrepreneurs from over 100 different countries, of which 300 have grown their startups to Seed and Series A stage and raised over 2.5 Billion in funding.
Launch is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Located in the heart of Yaletown which is abundant with local small businesses, restaurants, tech startups and more importantly – coffee shops.