Last revision: May 19, 2021
Collection of information
Personal information refers to any recorded information about an identifiable individual. Your personal information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, phone numbers, gender, email address, identification numbers, etc.
Your personal information may be collected when:
- You connect with us through social media.
- We collect cookies and other tracking information through your use of Websites.
- We collect data from third parties or publicly available sources.
Generally, we only collect personal information by the following fair and lawful means:
a) Information you give us: when you use our Services, register for an account, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Identifiers information such as username, account or membership number, and password.
- Professional information such as the name of employer, occupation, and location of occupation.
We only collect the personal information that we need. We encourage you not to provide us with any personal information beyond what is necessary and as requested by us.
b) Social media: our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (“SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS, and in accordance with this Notice. Please notice that you can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by changing the settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
c) Information we get from others: we do not purchase data about you from other individuals or organizations. We do not knowingly collect your personal information from a third party unless you consent or we are otherwise exempted, required, or permitted by applicable laws to do so. If we collect your personal information from a third party, we will only process that information for the specific purpose for which it was provided to us in accordance with this Policy and the Policy under which that information was collected.
We also may obtain information from those in LaunchPad/ Launch Course/ or other programs’ network, such as our event organizers, contractors, and local representatives who have agreed to a relationship with us to deliver our Services. This information may include:
- Information about potential interest in our programs.
- Interest in local events.
- Attendance at other similar events.
d) Information automatically collected: to ensure our Service is optimized for your use and future communications between you and us, we may save your user data in the form of cookies or log files. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Cookies do not damage computer systems or files, and only the Website that transferred a particular cookie to you can read, modify or delete such cookie.
This information may include, but not be limited to, your IP address and location data, weblogs, time zone, date, your language preferences, browsers used, web addresses visited, other communication data, searches conducted, pages visited. You can manage your cookie preferences or delete cookies that have already been set through your browser settings. You can refer to your browser support resources for information on how to disable or delete cookies from your device for additional information. Please note that declining cookies may significantly impair your use of our Services.
Changes to your personal information: We want to ensure we provide you the best experience when using our Services; thus, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If there is any change in your personal information during your relationship with us, please let us know by updating your registration profile or emailing us at [email protected]
Use of personal information: we use your personal information to collect and will not use your personal information for another purpose without your consent. We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, administer and improve our Site making sure it is optimized for your use and benefit.
- To communicate with you to provide you services, contacts, materials, opportunities, promotions, events, and/or recommendations for your needs identified by you through phone, email, or the Website.
- To customize your experience by understanding your needs, interests, and preferences.
- To connect with us through social media.
- To verify and authenticate your identity.
- To process or consider eligibility in programs and membership.
- To share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, and other third-party service providers such as web-hosting providers, advertising agencies, third party goods and services providers, payment processors, or customer service agencies who require this information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you and optimizing and providing the Website, Software or Service for your use and benefit.
- When allowed by law, we may use your personal information, such as Identity Data and Contact Data, as well as Inference Data or Profile Data, to send you updates, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials, including communications that may be targeted to you based on your personal information. You will have the ability to opt-out of such communications.
- From time to time, we also may contact you about a particular offering that may be of interest to you based on publicly available information when permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of such communications.
Disclosure of personal information: Generally, we do not disclose your personal information. We only disclose your personal information as described in this Policy and as permitted or required by law. We generally disclose personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To our employees and contractors.
- To our business partners, Mentors, and User Groups with whom we have contracted to sponsor and deliver industry-focused Accelerator and Startup Programs, and to other users of our Services, to provide our products and services, including sharing with other members of the groups for which you are registered (e.g., founders, mentors)
- To our service providers, including web-hosting providers, advertising agencies, payment processors, and customer service agencies.
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- To law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, or other lawful authorities.
- Otherwise, when and as you provide us with your consent to do so.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others: We may use third-party analytics service providers to help better understand how visitors use our Website. These technologies may record information such as how often you visit our Website, which pages and features you frequent, aggregated use, and performance data. This data may be aggregated and analyzed to help us provide you with a better online experience. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) may be transmitted to these providers’ servers outside Canada. No personally identifiable information is recorded or provided to them. You can manage your cookie preferences or delete cookies that have already been set through your browser settings.
Your rights and options: You can access, update, correct or delete your information in your registration profile by logging into their account. You may also contact us at [email protected] to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
You may opt-out of newsletters and marketing-related emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on a link at the bottom of each such email or by contacting us at [email protected]. If you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as notifications regarding our business relationship with you, important notices regarding our Services, or as otherwise consistent with applicable law.
When we share your information with third parties for retargeting purposes or behavioral advertising, you have a right to revoke your consent (if provided) or otherwise opt-out of such services.
Consent: before collecting, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose, we will obtain your consent except where exempted, required, or permitted by applicable laws. The form of consent will largely depend on the sensitivity, circumstances, and the type of information being requested. Your consent may be express with clear options to say “yes” or “no” or implied. In limited circumstances, we may rely on a third party to obtain your consent to share your personal information with us.
By using our Website or Service, or by choosing to provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your personal information under this Policy and as may be further identified when the personal information is collected. Please be assured that we will document that new purpose when we process your personal information for a new purpose and ask for your consent again.
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal information under this Policy, we ask you not to access or continue to use any of the Website or Services or otherwise provide any personal information to us. You may refuse to provide consent or may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to the processing of your personal information without penalty, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, if you withdraw or modify your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the Services through the Website.
Security: The security of your personal information is important to us! We implemented and followed generally accepted standards designed to protect the personal information we collect during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% when it comes to the transmission of information over the Internet or method of electronic storage; despite our protocols, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your information.
Retention of your personal information: We will use, disclose or retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law.
Children’s Privacy: Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. In light of the importance of protecting children’s privacy, we do not collect, process, or use on our Website any personal information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 13 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such a legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the personal information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
Updates or changes to the Policy: We reserve the right to make changes in this Privacy Statement at any time. For your convenience, the last revised date of the current Privacy Statement will be posted at the top of this page, and such changes will take effect immediately upon posting. By continuing to use our Services following such changes, including by using our Sites, indicates you have agreed to such changes.
Contact information: Should you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy or our data collection and processing practices, please contact us at: [email protected]
Or write to us to:
#400 – 1168 Hamilton Street
We’re excited to have you as part of this community! Now GET SH!T DONE!