ACCESS TOP TALENT AND SKILLED WORKER TO MOVE YOUR STARTUP FORWARD
Receive up to $7500 to hire a post-secondary student
Are you a BC technology company looking to accelerate the growth of your business? You may be eligible to receive a BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative voucher valued between $2,500-$7,500 when you hire a student.
The BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative is cultivating future technology leaders by bridging the innovation and entrepreneurial gap. It enables students to build desired skills for future career opportunities and inspires them to start their own companies, thereby creating quality jobs for British Columbians.
The program is delivered by BCIC’s technology industry partners, driven by regional industry needs. Students are employed by BC-based technology companies through a BCIC Innovator Skills Initiative Voucher valued up to $7,500, which is matched by the company.
Benefit for Students
Students gain valuable work experience while developing business, technical and innovative skills that meet the industry needs in BC. With exposure to regional industry needs and challenges, students also gain the entrepreneurial training and skills required to run a successful business.
Benefit for Companies
Companies gain access to innovative talent at an affordable cost and the opportunity to showcase industry problems to future solution providers.
Eligibility for Companies
- Must be a BC-based technology company and participating in the program partner’s services or programs.
- Is eligible to receive two vouchers per year.
- Must provide a 1:1 matching contribution to the voucher funds (in-kind and/or in-cash).
- Must provide adequate training (business, technical and innovation and entrepreneurial) to meet the program objectives.
- Must provide a project to the student. Company projects offered to students must be related to business, technical and innovation and entrepreneurial opportunities, and cannot be general administrative duties.
To apply for the voucher funds, please fill out the following form and we will be in touch. If you have any questions about Launch Academy's application process, please contact our Program Manager, Sam Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the ISI program, please reach out to BCIC's Program Assistant, Ritika Rakshit at email@example.com or by phone 604-602-5220.