Launch’s LaunchPad Incubator Program Adapts to the Hybrid Work Environment
Providing up to 100 companies with grants totalling $120,000 in reduced program fees & up to $300,000 in startup perks for each company
(Vancouver, B.C.) May 26, 2021 – Launch is excited to announce the public release of their revamped incubator program, LaunchPad. Currently supporting 24 entrepreneurs from over 10 different countries, LaunchPad is an exclusive program for tech startup founders looking to learn and grow with other like-minded entrepreneurs in emerging technology industries. The LaunchPad program was in closed beta during 2020 with over 17 startups ranging from Pre-Seed to Series A stage, and has been upgraded to address the new realities faced by early-stage tech entrepreneurs and startups in a post-covid world.
“As the world looks to entrepreneurs to lead us through economic recovery, now more than ever, entrepreneurs need environments where they can connect with fellow entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors. Last week we announced the release of $100,000 worth of scholarships for our “Launch Your Startup” program targeted at aspiring entrepreneurs validating their startup ideas. Today we are announcing $120,000 in grants towards our support program for entrepreneurs that have already launched their companies and are faced with a totally different scope of problems and challenges. Our LaunchPad program already supports entrepreneurs who are former Apple, Facebook, Google, and Cisco engineers as well as former VCs now turned entrepreneurs that have built award-winning products. We are excited to open up applications to the program to more entrepreneurs.” Ray Walia, CEO Launch
LaunchPad has adapted itself as a completely virtual incubation program offering hybrid content to connect entrepreneurs to community leaders, experts and mentors with a customized approach to meet individual goals. The core of the LaunchPad program covers content including international scaling, global marketing, sourcing talent, growth hacking, fundraising, revenue generation, marketing, business tax planning and more. Members will also get access to LaunchHub, an online portal with over $300,000 in startup perks and resources.
LaunchPad Program Features Includes:
- Exclusive Community Access: Exclusive access to Launch’s community of over 1,000 entrepreneurs, creators, developers, and investors.
- Startup Perks Valued Over $300,000: Access to LaunchHub,an exclusive online portal with over $300,000 in perks & resources, including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Stripe, HubSpot, Zendesk, Notion & more.
- Traction Conference Series: Connect and learn from top-tier VCs and leaders from Google, Shopify, LinkedIn, Uber, Github & other fast growing companies who share their secrets to scaling from 0 to $100M+, acquisition, marketing, IPO and much more.
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) Sessions: Live sessions to ask questions on various topics to seasoned startup mentors and industry experts.
- Webinars: Live webinars and learning sessions with mentors and partners on different aspects of building, growing and scaling a startup.
- Huddles: Group discussions to meet your fellow entrepreneurs, build strategic partnerships and connections.
- Pitch Sessions: Monthly pitch-practice sessions for members to work on their sales and investor pitches with peer-to-peer & mentor feedback.
- Launch Insider Newsletter: Weekly updates on upcoming events, growth opportunities, member discounts and the latest startup news.
Set up as a non-profit in 2012, Launch Academy started as a simple idea: a few desks and a vision to get aspiring entrepreneurs out of mom and dad’s garage and into an environment around fellow entrepreneurs. Launch quickly found out how much help aspiring entrepreneurs need when launching their startup idea. Fast forward 9 years later and the tech hub has incubated over 6,000 entrepreneurs with 300 growing beyond seed stage and collectively raising over $1.2 Billion in funding.
Applications are now open for entrepreneurs with existing companies looking for customer validation, strategic discussions, and networking opportunities. With a strong expertise in the technology sector, Launch primarily works with companies in the emerging areas of tech such as SaaS, FinTech, AI/ML, Cyber Security, VR/AR, eSports, Data Science, Health Tech, Ed Tech, Ag Tech & Blockchain. LaunchPad applications are accepted on a rolling basis with limited spots available each month.
Covid Recovery Support: To provide relief from some of the challenges that this pandemic has brought forward in the past year, Ray Walia and Launch are offering grants reducing the regular program fee by 50% for the first 100 companies to be accepted, constituting a total grant of $120,000 CAD. With a monthly and yearly subscription option to choose from, the discounted LaunchPad program fee is currently $100 per month or $1,000 per year. As a not-for-profit organization, all program proceeds will be utilized to provide optimal resources for members and reinvested back into building the Canadian tech and talent ecosystem. Apply for LaunchPad here.
— — —
Launch is a leading international network of proprietary incubators, innovation labs, and investment funds positioned to provide the mentorship, resources, network, and environment for entrepreneurs to launch, fund, and grow their startups. Since 2012, Launch Academy has incubated more than 6,000 entrepreneurs of which 300 have grown their startups to Seed and Series A stage and collectively raised over $1.2 Billion in funding. Launch’s rich alumni network consists of businesses such as Koho, FansUnite, Klue, Victory Square, Later, Thinkific, Lighthouse Labs, Picatic and more. To learn more about Launch’s programs, click here.
Ray Walia, CEO, Launch