Spend Culture Chats: Preparing for a Senior Finance Hire
About This Event:
Procurify and Robert Half are proud to co-present the first ever Spend Culture Chats: “Preparing for a Senior Finance Hire” – featuring top financial executives from fast-growing companies in B.C, including a keynote by Chantal Schutz, Chief Executive Officer and Director of NYCE Sensors.
Featured panelists include Jonathan Melgerito, SVP Finance of Herschel, Steve Brown, CFO of Canada Drives, Daniel Andrew, Director, Business Solutions of Natures Path, and Phil Gray, Director of Operations at Procurify, in a conversation moderated by Procurify’s Dani Hao, who co-hosts the world’s first female hosted podcast on startup culture and finance, and Mike Shekhtman, Regional Vice President at Robert Half.
In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, there comes a time when every growing organization needs to address the question of hiring a senior finance leader – sometimes this means bringing on a financial controller, other cases it might be filling a more strategic need, such as a CFO or SVP of Finance.
While bookkeepers and accounting managers play an invaluable role in the early stages, successfully growing companies eventually need greater big-picture financial expertise and change management leadership.
Join Procurify and Robert Half Accounting & Finance as we explore the types of financial leadership businesses need today, and discuss timely topics, including:
- When is it time to hire a senior finance professional?
- Is it best to hire a senior finance professional externally vs. internally?
- What skills should these individuals have?
- How can I best prepare my business to be in a ‘ready’ state when the senior finance role is filled?
- How can I ensure I am scaling my financial processes along with my team?
- How to cultivate a healthy Spend Culture?
This is a 19+ event, as there will be alcoholic drinks and light snacks for the attendees.
Rough Event Agenda:
- 5:00 – Doors Open, networking with canapés and drinks
- 5:15 – Opening Remarks from Procurify and Robert Half
- 5:15 – 6:15 Panelist chats
- 6:15 – 6:30 Networking break with snacks and drinks
- 6:30 – 7:00 CFO Keynote + Open Q&A from the audience
- 7:00 – 7:30 Event concludes, open networking with canapés
Leave A Comment