With companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, Twitter, and Dropbox to name just a few, setting up shop in Seattle, it’s safe to say that the tech scene in Seattle is pretty established.
So how can Vancouver based startups tap into this scene and benefit from this flourishing ecosystem? In this hour long panel session we had the chance to connect with three Seattle-based angel investors and startup experts as they shared insights and expertise on the Seattle startup ecosystem and strategies on how you can stand out from the crowd in this emerging market.
Our panel was moderated by Hussein Hallak, General Manager at Launch Academy. Our wonderful panel included:
- David Grampa: Entrepreneur and Investor
- John Sechrest: Founder of Seattle Angel Conference, Startup Mentor, Lean Startup Seattle
- Javier Soto: Investor at Alliance of Angels, Seattle Angel Fund, Seattle Angel Conf.
To recap, we learned:
- The things that influences Seattle investors
- Key factors investors look for in startups
- What the Seattle Angel Conference (SAC) is and how one can benefit from being part of it
- The kind of startups SAC looks for and how to get their attention
- Tips and tricks for pitching to investors
- Secrets to being successful in the Seattle startup ecosystem
Thank you David, John and Javier for joining us!
Want to join us at our next Q&A session? Check out this page for upcoming events.