Launch Academy is looking for an educator/entrepreneur hybrid with concrete experience in mentoring and building growth oriented startups. As a Program Instructor, you must have a strong background and understanding around customer development, market sizing, pitching, developing Minimum Viable Products, and fundability. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation.
Why are we hiring this role?
- We’re looking for someone to run our 16-week Lean Entrepreneur Program, three times a year.
- We’re looking for someone who can bring his or her startup experience and apply it in the education space
What is this job about?
- Teach a class of 20 first-time entrepreneurs on the fundamentals of Lean Startup, Customer Validation and the Business Generation Model
- Design curriculum and assignments that will help students to apply their learning
- Assess and grade students’ ability to apply what they’ve learned
- Recruit industry specialists and mentors to deliver workshops on business operations
- Coordinate with mentors to ensure the delivery of the program
Tracking and Analyze
- Track students’ progress during the program
- Track students after the program to ensure Launch Academy can provide them with the best opportunities
Who is the ideal candidate and what are the requirements?
Our ideal candidate:
- is based in Vancouver
- is super well-organized
- has 2-5 years of work experience in an educator or mentor role
- has some startup experience in customer validation
- gets excited by the sometimes chaotic environment of a startup
- wants to stay with Launch Academy for a while.
What we care about:
- you are well-spoken and an effective communicator
- you love entrepreneurs and can help them be more structured in their thinking process
- you think strategically and wanna help us get shit done.
- you have relevant early-stage startup experience
What we don’t care about:
- how old or how young you are
- your “background”
Compensation: this is paid full-time position with competitive salary
Interested? Email your resume to Alex, Managing Director of Launch Academy at email@example.com